I’ve had an idea for a project. At least a big, hardback book, but possibly it’ll involve other forms of media as well. Let’s see.
The project involves people. I want to do a short feature on a bunch of different people. I want to showcase art work of people (If you’re famous you don’t qualify for this project 🙂 )
So, if you’d like to be involved in this project then I’d like you to be. What it will likely include is a picture of yourself (you can send a few), some of your creativity – this can be words – poetry, short stories, samples of stories, excerpts of stories. Can be photographs or pictures of painting or pottery or sculptures or a description of a play you made, a part of a script or screenshots from a film and description of it, or clothes you’ve designed, or music you’ve sung or played (maybe some lyrics and photos of performance), anything creative counts.
Then I’d some memoir-like anecdotes or short autobiographical stories you’d like to share, or think are interesting or exciting or notable or whatever.
The underlying concept is:
“A riveting and disjointed, if inexpertly conveyed, rendition of the extraordinary creativity and lives of the everyday person.”
I will work on the wording of that, but I like it for the time being.
So, here’s the deal:
1. Anything you send you have to be willing to have it shared or published in some way yet to be fully determined. But that is the basic goal of all this.
2. There is likely to be absolutely no money made from this. Or possibly it will all go to charity if there is. Or maybe some money will be made at which point it would be shared around. But it’s important to know that there is every chance there won’t be any and there is no promise of any remuneration for this. It’s more of a fun creative project. BUT it will cost money to make, another reason I have set up a Patreon page which you can support here: https://patreon.com/mjfraser
On Patreon, with Patrons who are supporting, there will be updates on the progress of the project as it moves along.
3. What you send may be edited in some way to fit in, but without stealing from the concept. Although you will be shown before anything is actually published anywhere.
4. Have I missed anything, just ask.
Are you interested in being part of this? I’ll have space for a number of people, don’t know how many yet.
As I mentioned above, I’m going to need the following items:
1. Photos of you.
2. Your art – whatever that may be as listed above – poetry, words, excerpts from longer stories, photography, drawings or paintings or designs or anything really. I don’t think we’re going to be able to share sound or video at this stage, but I will take images of films and lyrics from songs and any descriptions, etc. Images of any other creative form whether it be sculpture or pottery or clothes design or …
3. Anecdotal, autobiographical, memoir style stories or things of interest.
The form below should let you upload all of that. But if there’s any trouble just send an email to me at email@example.com